SUMMARY: NMCAA is hiring two Utility Case Manager Positions to help administer utility assistance through the Covid Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) grant. These positions will be temporary (through September 2022 or until grant funds are expended, whichever comes first), $16.65/hour, 40 hours/week and includes benefits. This is a remote position, open to applicants across the state of Michigan. Please visit https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/
Serving all 10 Counties, must be able to travel attend meetings in Traverse City as needed.To administer Utility Assistance funds through the COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) program.
To administer Utility Assistance funds through the COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) program.
Determining client eligibility, collecting required client documentation and completing data entry for client application.
Client file management and self-review of files for completion.
Client follow-up and follow-up with utility vendors as necessary.
Contact utility vendors to order service for client, submit vouchers to vendors.
Submitting check requests as bills for client service are received.
Performing file review for co-workers’ files as needed.
Outreach and attendance of community meetings representing Community Services and the COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) as necessary and appropriate
Other duties necessary for executing of CERA programming
- To meet the needs of clients in the CERA program
- To ensure that all work is completed accurately and in a timely matter
- To represent the agency in a professional, friendly, and caring matter.
- Accuracy and timeliness of completed work.
- Completed client files and payments made to utility vendors.
- Cooperation with and feedback from clients and co-workers.
- The ability to represent the agency professionally and efficiently service clients.
BA/BS in psychology, social work, human services, or related field preferred.
- A commitment to the NMCAA philosophy and mission.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to interact positively with co-workers and clients in a non-judgmental, tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to suggest innovative approaches in completing job responsibilities.
- Ability to work openly and cooperatively as a team member.
- Ability to perform physical tasks to carry out specific job duties.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, a cooperative and effective team member.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with multiple interruptions.