Michigan Community Action (MCA) is seeking proposals from consultants/firms for the development of a comprehensive Strategic Plan. MCA anticipates that the planning process will take three to six months, to provide adequate time for community action agency (CAA) participation and review by key stakeholders and policy makers. The outcome of the process will be a written strategic plan document that presents the planning process, the research, the analysis, opportunities, and strategies that will guide MCA for the next three to five years.
MCA encourages any inquiries with respect to the expectations and/or Scope of Work sought through this proposal by email to MCA at: email@example.com
- Timeframe: Is the projected start date firm? When does MCA hope to have a Strategic Plan ready to implement?
- Not firm – it’s negotiable – as early as feasible. Anticipated implementation of June, or approximately six months from project start date.
- Buy-in of Stakeholders: Given that MCA is a state association made up of 28 independent organizations, what is the expected involvement of those agencies in the process?
- MCA anticipates a sampling of small, medium, and large agencies, along with new and experienced executive directors/senior leadership.
- Will the participation of all CAAs be critical and if so, are they prepared to engage?
- It isn’t essential to have all agencies participation – would like full participation – also realistic given time frame and other obligations of the agencies. It would be helpful if the consultant could achieve representative participation.
- Budget – Is there a range or cap that you can provide?
- MCA anticipates receiving proposals in the range of $20-25K.
- Previous Plan: When was the last strategic plan completed?
- Was that process facilitated or completed internally?
- It was a strategic planning model, facilitated internally with minimal objectives and goals.
- Is it anticipated that planning will be conducted virtually or face to face?
- MCA expects this process to take place virtually.
- If face to face, would this take place at your offices in Okemos? If not, where?
- MCA does not anticipate a ‘face to face’ facilitation process at this time.
- What current “needs assessment” information no older than 1- 1 1/2 years is available for reference? As an example, current MCA goals/priorities, key stakeholder feedback (funder, community partner, members, etc.
- At this time, MCA does not have a “needs assessment” available that is within requested timeframe. However, MCA is open to conducting a “needs assessment” as an add-on service to the Strategic Planning process.
Consultants/Firms will be selected for this project based on criteria stated in Section 4. Only those submitting proposals by the deadline date will be considered. The proposals are due by the Close of Business (5:00 p.m.) on Friday, December 10, 2021.
Interviews of the selected firms will be conducted the week of December 13, 2021.
Please click here for the full description: MCA Strategic Planning RFP for 2022-v2 .
One (1) original proposal and six (6) copies are to be submitted to:
Attention: Chere Coleman, Program & Policy Director
2173 Commons Parkway Okemos, MI 48864